Mitarbeiterinnen / Mitarbeiter (w/m/d) in der Wissenschaft mit Möglichkeit zur Promotion im Bereich THz-Systeme / Radartechnik
- THz systems: Antennas, passive components, packaging and system concepts for highly integrated THz systems from 70 GHz to 1 THz
- Ultra-wideband photonic-electronic systems: Packaging and interconnection technology for electronic interfacing of photonic components with wide bandwidth of up to more than 100 GHz
- Radar signal processing for industrial, medical and automotive applications
Your responsibilities will include working on research projects as well as coordinating them independently. You will implement your research results in prototypes and be involved in teaching including supervision of student projects.
The positions offer the possibility of a doctoral degree (PhD).
- You have an above-average university degree (university diploma/master's degree) in electrical engineering and information technology or physics.
- Experience in microwave technology/radar technology is desirable.
- Ideally, you have previous knowledge in the field of electromagnetic field simulation, antennas, circuits or radar signal processing and Matlab.
- You have a high interest in scientific research and are able to work independently.
- Ideally, you are familiar with the typical measurement tools used in high frequency technology.
- Furthermore, you are able to communicate and work in a team and have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- A good knowledge of German is a plus.
The remuneration occurs on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
limited to 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application up to
February 28, 2023
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Zwick, phone +49 721 608-42523, email: thomas.zwick∂kit.edu.
Please send your application including a cover letter, your CV, and all certificates/references with indication of the vacancy number in electronic form (all in one PDF) to:thomas.zwick∂kit.edu
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore, we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.