The lecture is held in english. The lecture is expected to be offered online only in WS 2021/2022.
Content of the lecture
The first part of the lecture introduces Maxwell's equations and other fundamental relationships from static problems to wave propagation. The second part of the lecture deals with the most important methods for the numerical calculation of electromagnetic fields.
- Mathematical basics
- Maxwell equations
- Green's function
- Law of induction
- Wave equation, wave propagation in different media
- Introduction to numerical field calculation
- Finite Difference Time Domain
- Finite Integration Technique
- Finite element method
- Boundary Element Method
- Transmission Line Matrix Method
The lecture notes as well as further information about the lecture can be found in ILIAS
written, 120 min